We’re looking for a Finance and Administration Assistant!
Posted on September, 26 2018 by Action Canada
Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights seeks a full-time Finance and Administration Assistant based in Ottawa, Canada.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Operations, the Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Finance and Operations in meeting the financial requirements of the organization. As well, the Finance and Administration Assistant supports administration of grants and accounting as well as some travel and human resources administration for Canadian and Swiss offices.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary $50-53,000 per annum.
- Manages day to day correspondence and responses to Action Canada (postal & electronic);
- Supports the preparation of regular internal and external financial reporting (Word/Excel) including financial statements program expense reports, grant reporting;
- Prepares internal and external administrative reporting (e.g. policy compliance reporting, annual incorporation filing);
- Maintains reporting calendars for grant reports and scheduling of activities to comply with grant agreements and financial policies;
- Assists with ensuring that financial reports related to grants comply with funder specifications;
- Handles logistical arrangements for remote (video call set up) or in-person (travel, meal and hotel arrangements) meetings on behalf programs;
- Assists the Director of Fundraising and Operations in the preparation of financial documents, memos, policies, manuals and any other correspondence required to support Operations department;
- Updates and maintains a complete filing system for Finance and Administration;
- Supports the Annual Budget through work on and tracking of progress of the annual budget from initial planning to finalization in the accounting system (including all stages of communication, reporting and revision);
- Coordinates and prepares all budget request and notification letters, with backup;
- Maintains budget versions, files and folders; prepares budget submission documents, and final reporting to the Board of Directors;
- Supports all accounts payable and receivable: preparation of payment paperwork, issuing invoices, expense reimbursements, entry of financial transactions into Quickbooks, and reconciling credit card statements with receipts, and coordinating semi-monthly board authorizations;
- Processing purchase and delivery of Beyond the Basics and other organizational resources;
- Coordinating travel and accommodation for staff, partners and, Board members;
- Responds to inquiries and investigations;
- Assists with yearly audit preparation;
- Supports the Finance Manager with financial correspondence and deliverables;
- Assists with HR administration (as needed); and
- Exercises a high standard of confidentiality regarding documents of a sensitive nature;
- Other related duties as applicable.
1) Minimum Educational Requirements:
- University Degree, college diploma or equivalent experience preferred.
2) Minimum Experiential Requirements:
- 2-5 year experience in a similar role;
- Clear and concise communication skills;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Proficient with Quickbooks;
- Excellent grammar and mathematical skills;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Capability of working under pressure;
- Ability to deal with simultaneous varied and complex issues;
- Available for overtime as circumstances dictate;
- Experience in a fast-paced Non-Profit or Charity environment is an asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset.
The individual in this position must possess significant time management and administration skills, be well organized, accurate, detail-oriented and discreet. The incumbent must be an above average contributor, who is positive, professional and responsive in a busy, national non-profit organization.
Consequence of errors in financial reporting or other matters can have serious negative impact on the organization. Most responsibilities of this position are deadline driven, thus, the inability to meet specific deadlines can be detrimental. Timing activities is crucial in most instances.
We thank all applicants in advance, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply!
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact Tara Henderson at [email protected].