Recommendations by Action Canada for a feminist approach to international assistance.
feminist approach to international assistance; human rights-based approach; health and rights; gender equality and women’s rights; governance, pluralism, diversity and human rights; humanitarian crises; delivering results.
- Meaningfully apply feminist principles and a human rights-based approach across international development policy and all initiatives stemming from that;
- Demonstrate political leadership on SRHR, among donors and within global policy forums;
- Establish a Canadian Global Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights strategy;
- Invest a minimum of $500 Million/year in new and sustainable funding for programming that addresses gaps and neglected issues in SRHR, namely: comprehensive abortion care, adolescent sexuality and advocacy for SRHR;
- Establish a standalone pillar on gender equality and women’s rights to operationalize feminist principles, and robustly implement a feminist approach across other pillars of Canada’s international assistance and support targeted gender equality programming.