It can be difficult to know where to look to get accurate and accessible sexual health information. This pamphlet highlights some of the awesome programs and resources being created by sexual health care providers and community groups across the country. If you’re looking for reliable supports, these are great places to check out online or in person!
Download or Order the Resource Directory Pamphlet
Or keep scrolling to check out the entire resource directory online!
Action Canada For Sexual Health and Rights
An advocacy organization for sexual and reproductive health and rights in Canada and globally.
- The Sexual Health Information Hub
- The Access Line, for sexual health information. Call 1‑888‑642‑2725 or text 613-800-6757.
- The Directory: Find Sexual Health Services Near You
A health information organization, bridging HIV and hepatitis C research and practice.
- Safer Sex Guide
- It’s all still possible: Starting points for living well with HIV
- whereto.catie.ca for HIV, hepatitis C, sexual health and harm reduction services in your communities.
A non-profit organization focused on developing skills and tools for digital and media literacy.
An online hub for post-abortion resources, from emotional well-being to contraception.
Native Youth Sexual Health Network
A grassroots organization by and for Indigenous youth that works across issues of sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice throughout the United States and Canada.
- You Are Made of Medicine for Indigiqueer, Two-Spirit, LGBTQ+, and Gender Non-Conforming Indigenous youth
- First Nations Sexual Health Toolkit
- Two Spirit Resource Directory
Pauktuutit Inuit Women Of Canada
A national non-profit organization representing Inuit women in Canada.
- Tukisiviit: Do You Understand? for sexual health info in English and the five major dialects of Inuktitut
- Uuktuutiit: Inuit Sexual Health Indicators
- Naturally Curious, a project increasing parent, caregiver, and frontline worker capacity to talk about sexual health with youth
The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada have a number of online sexual health guides.
- Sex & U, for sex and sexuality information on things like contraceptives and STIs:
- HPVInfo.ca for medically approved information on the human papillomavirus
- Stay On Schedule is a tool for helping navigate when you have a missed or extended dose of contraception
Talking About Sexuality in Canadian Communities (TASCC) provides tools and strategies for parents, service providers and youth with disabilities.
- Self Care resource page for youth
- Personal Boundaries resource page for youth
- Sex, Orientation, and Gender Expression resource page for youth:
British Columbia Organizations
Options For Sexual Health
A network of sexual health clinics offering health services, education, and information to folks in British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Sex Sense information service. Call 1-800-739-7367 throughout BC/YK or 604-731-7803 in the Lower Mainland.
- Clinic Finder, for services in BC
- Sexual Health FAQ
Island Sexual Heath
A sexual health clinic offering health services, education, and a retail store in Victoria, BC.
Indigenous Youth Wellness
An online support community for Indigenous youth, offering resources, workshops, and more. Their youth programs teach about identity, culture, the history of colonization, racism, healthy relationships, sexual health, sexuality, emotions, bodies, and what it means to be a warrior.
- The Cuystwi program, a wellness journey for Indigenous youth aged 10-15
- Ask Auntie program, a wellness journey for girls aged 10-14
Norwest Territories Organizations
Website: arcticfoxy.com / arcticsmash.ca
An arts-based sexual health education & peer leadership organization in Northern Canada.
- The Consent is SMASHing campaign videos in English, French, and Gwich’in
- Digital Stories from their Peer Leader Retreats
Centre For Sexuality
A community-based organization in Calgary, AB providing sexual and reproductive health services and supports.
Saskatoon Sexual Health
A nonprofit organization providing sexual health and education services.
- Indigenizing Sex Ed resource
- Anti-Racist Sex Ed resource
- Newcomer Sex Ed resource
Sexual Education Resource Centre
A community-based, pro-choice organization in Winnipeg and Brandon promoting sexual health through education.
- Reproductive and Sexual Health Rights article
- Teentalk.ca for printable resources on sexual health for youth in Manitoba
- Their Service Provider Manual, featuring educational activities and videos
Women’s Health Clinic
A community clinic in Winnipeg providing reproductive and mental health services, education, and advocacy.
- SHIFT, their online Sexual Health Facilitator training
- Rainbow Alphabet video
- For educators, search Ebuehlmann76 or #comprehensivesexed on Kahoot for quizzes providing accurate and comprehensive sexual health information
Rainbow Health Ontario
A program offering training for health care providers across the province to improve care for 2SLGBTQ service users.
- The Trans Health Knowledge Base, or faqs from trans and non-binary folks in Ontario
- Media Reference Guide for discussing trans and gender diverse people:
A sexual health clinic in Kitchener, ON promoting choice through education and pregnancy options support.
- Resource database for teens & youth
- Resource database for healthcare providers
- Resource database for teachers
Planned Parenthood Ottawa
A pro-choice organization supporting informed sexual & reproductive health via education, counselling, information, and referral services.
- The Options Line information support service. Call 613-226-3234 ext:101 or email [email protected]
- Pregnancy Options info page
- STIs info page
Planned Parenthood Toronto
A community health centre serving youth ages 13-29, specializing in mental and sexual health.
- The Teen Health Source information support service. Text 647-933-5399 or visit teenhealthsource.com to chat online.
- Porn Literacy info page
- Rejection info page
A community organization in Montreal, QC supporting the health, safety, and dignity of sex workers.
Nova Scotia Organizations
South Shore Sexual Health
A sexual resource centre in Bridgewater, NS offering free/low cost supplies, guidance, and sex positive resources.
- Uncensored: The Gender Diverse Sexuality Handbook for Every Body
- Virtual Question Box
- Sex Talks videos
Halifax Sexual Health Centre
A clinic providing sexual, reproductive, and gender-affirming health care.
- The Transgender Abortion Access Manual by A.J. Lowik
- Fun Sex info page
- Useful Terms to Understand definitions page
Sexual Health Nova Scotia
A representative organization for the community-based sexual health centres in Nova Scotia.
Newfoundland & Labrador Organizations
Planned Parenthood Newfoundland & Labrador Sexual Health Centre
A clinic promoting sexual health and 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion through education, community partnership, information, and services.
- The 2SLGBTQIA+ Warm Line peer support service. Call or text: 1-866-230-8041, or chat online
- Why is my Period Late? resource
You can also check out other great organizations like:
- ACCM (AIDS Community Care Montreal): accmontreal.org
- ACT (AIDS Committee of Toronto): www.actoronto.org
- Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health (ASPSH): www.aspsh.ca
- AVI Health & Community Services: avi.org
- CAAN (Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network): caan.ca
- CBRC (Community-Based Research Centre): www.cbrc.net
- Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance (GMSH): gmsh.ca
- Health Initiative for Men (HiM): checkhimout.ca
- HIV Edmonton: hivedmonton.com
- Le Dispensaire: www.dispensaire.org
- MAX Ottawa : maxottawa.ca
- Northreach: northreach.ca
- Nova Scotia Public Interest Research Group’s Queer Doula Toolkit: www.nspirg.ca/toolkit-post
- PAN (Pacific AIDS Network): paninbc.ca
- QTHC (Queer and Trans Health Collective): ourhealthyeg.ca
- SafeLink Alberta: safelinkalberta.ca